Script to deploy a VM based on debian template (in our case).
The script add IPAM entry for an IPv4 address and an IPv6 range, and deploy/configure a VM based on the VM conf file (see vm-template.conf).
How to use
- Define your IPAM credentials in file "cred" and adjust parameters in "deploy_vm.conf" file
- Copy the VM conf file template : cp vm-template.conf vm-user123.conf
- Adjust all parameters in new file vm-user123.conf
- WARNING : if the SSH public key isn't correct, nobody would be able to log in the VM after deploy.
- Run the script : ./deploy_vm.sh vm-user123.conf
- If the script fail and already do updates in IPAM or on the VM, you can manually finish the deploy OR delete IPAM entries (1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6 range), delete the VM, rectify to avoid the problem and retry deploy
- Variabilize some parameters like adminsys e-mail address, ...
- Verify if VM conf file parameters are numbers before test the interval (actually in the same line)
- Verify deploy_vm.conf parameters