- Factorio is still in the development. That means it is an unfinished product so it may contain bugs and unfinished features.
- The game is still evolving and is subject to changes in the future.
- We are not liable for any damage that might be caused to you by downloading, installing and using our software.
- Especially we are not responsible if you stay awake all night long playing Factorio and can't go to school / work in the morning :)
- You download, install and use Factorio at your own risk.
- There's always the possibility of the development of the project being discontinued at any time.
- Use of our online matching server and mod portal requires an account on our website.
The Mod Portal:
- The mod portal website and in-game integration are available for all purchasers of the game
- We reserve the right to remove a mod or edit any mods listing without notice.
- All mods uploaded must have the permission from the author of the mod, and must not contain any copyrighted material (without permission).
- Any inappropriate behaviour by users in the discussions feature can lead to account deactivation.
Intellectual Property and Sharing:
- You may use Factorio and other paid content for your own personal use.
- All the content in the game is owned by us. This includes the user provided content that makes it into the game as well (for instance namely translations).
- Don't sell, copy, transfer or distribute the game, its hacked / altered version, any of its parts, or any of our paid content.
- Ask us for approval to use the game, any of its parts or any materials on our website for any commercial purpose.
- You may use the free Factorio headless server to run and operate a commercial service providing servers to players. However we reserve the right to request the cessation of the service should an issue with the service provider arise.
Use of service:
- Children may use an account established by their parent or legal guardian with the approval of such a person.
- The game doesn't contain explicit violence and we believe it is appropriate for children from 12 years.
- If you wish to cancel your account please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't do anything that could harm the development of the game or its distribution.
- The materials appearing in the game or on the Factorio website may include technical or typographical errors. We don't warrant that any of the materials are complete, accurate, or up to date.
- Any kind of abusive or clearly inappropriate behavior in regards to service we run (forums, mod portal, matching server) is a violation of these terms of service.
- There are couple of places where you can share ideas and opinions with other players (our Forum, Twitter, Facebook page). Please behave there appropriately and don’t do anything that gets us into trouble.
- In case of legal dispute, the governing laws of the Czech Republic will apply.
- We reserve the right to update these terms at any point in time with immediate effect. Last update was on 22nd of Feb 2018
- We store only the minimum of information necessary to properly provide our service.
- When an account is created we store the email, the username and the hash of the password. This allows us to provide login functionality.
- When a game is downloaded or automatic updater is used we store the time, the type of the download and the username of who made the download. This is necessary for our download statistics and download breach protections.
- We never store user address, credit card information or any other data except from those described above.
- In the event of an unexpected game error, we will securely send the anonymous game log file and crash report to our server.
- We don't have any newsletters or global email notifications.
- In case we have such a mechanism in the future there will always be a simple to-do opt-out.
Third party disclosure:
- We don't provide any user information (including email address) to third parties.
- We will never do this unless we are ordered to do so by law.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account name and password.
- Do not allow any other person to use your account.
- If you think your account name and/or password have been compromised please inform us.
Accessing privacy information:
- If you wish to remove your login data from our system, then email us at email@example.com. This will mean deleting your account.
- The download log and purchase log information cannot be removed because we use them for statistics and accounting purposes.
- We reserve the right to update this policy in the future.
- This policy was last modified on 22nd of Feb 2018.